A Frequently Asked Questions
What’s included in Pitch NYC?
The programme is designed to prepare your company’s pitch for US investors with our Investor Readiness Bootcamp that includes:
- Intensive pitch training (UK) with group practice sessions and 1:1 coaching for elevator and slide pitches
- Investor-focused Coming to America masterclass
- Advice on preparations for market entry, tax and logistics
- Pitch mentoring (US) session with experience investors and entrepreneurs
- US Growth Masterclass with local experts, end users and experienced ex-pats
The Pitch NYC event itself provides opportunities for each company to give a full pitch and demonstrate their product or service. Private rooms will be available for further discussion. The formal session will be followed by a networking reception.
Further support includes:
- Press, PR and marketing support for your company
- Pitch NYC debrief
- Inclusion in Pitch NYC investor lookbook and website
Why apply to join Pitch NYC?
- Pitch to leading investors in New York
- Kick-start your US fund-raising efforts
- Understand the challenges and opportunities of the US market
- Develop quality contacts with potential customers, investors and partners
- Fresh ideas and insight from the thought-leaders in the US
- Boost your company’s profile in both the US and UK
- Hone company and product pitches for US customers and investors
- Develop a market-entry strategy for the US
What’s the cost?
A fee will be payable from each company participating in Pitch NYC towards the costs of running the programme (costs to be announced soon). This will need to be paid to confirm attendance.
Who should apply?
Companies that apply to present at Pitch NYC are selected by an expert panel. To qualify they will have already raised $1m+ investment or have an equivalent turnover, with plans to rapidly grow their US business.
When is the closing date?
The deadline for applications is 2nd September 2016. In the meantime you’re welcome to submit your application, space is limited to just 10 companies, so we recommend applying early!
How to apply
The application process is powered by our friends at f6s. After logging in with Linkedin, it’s a very simple process to fill out a few details and help shape your pitch for the US market. It should take less than 10 minutes to complete.
How are companies selected?
Delegates will be assessed and selected on a first-come, first-served basis. It’s a good idea to apply as early as possible to have the best chance of taking part.
The criteria are outlined in more detail on the Apply to Pitch page. In short, we’re looking for companies that will provide an investable opportunity for NYC-based investors. For those unsuccessful this time around, we’re planning a series of sessions to help prepare for the next Pitch NYC.
What’s NOT included?
- International flights, accommodation, airport transfers
- Transport between mission activities (where applicable)
What about travel arrangements?
Each company will be responsible for making their own travel arrangements, which means you can book a suite at the Plaza or a room on Airbnb.
Our dedicated travel partner is also available to help with your travel arrangements and an optional travel/hotel package.
Abbotts Travel (http://abbottstravel.com)
T: 020 8989 9445
Any other questions?
If you have any other queries, drop us an email firstname.lastname@example.org.